We do not have a specific conference hotel this year, but below are some suggested hotels near the conference venue and some tips about booking your accommodation here.
These chains provide basic rooms but are reliable in terms of decor and cleanliness. They have locations near to the conference venue, as well as across London.
- Premier Inn (London St Pancras, or London Euston branch)
- Travelodge (Central Kings Cross Hotel or London Central Euston Hotel branch)
- Tune Hotels (London Kings Cross branch)
The sky’s the limit, obviously, but in the £300+ per night price range in the area local to the conference
Beyond this, we assume you’ll be asking your butler to check out the Savoy, the Ritz, the Dorchester or Claridges for you!
- AirBnb: If you’d like a really local experience then this website allows you to find either rooms in Londoner’s houses or sometimes whole apartments.
Availability varies, but if you need your budget to go farther this might be a good option.
- Book sooner rather than later: London is never likely to be “quiet”
To search within 10-15 mins walking distance of the conference venue, use either “Kings Cross” or “Euston” as search terms. “St Pancras” is the other railway station directly next to Kings Cross, so should give similar results.
Taxes and charges: VAT is charged at 20% in the UK. No other taxes should be added.
In central London, as a very rough guide, we’d expect hotel accommodation costs to be:
Basic £100-130 / night (incl VAT) Premier Inn, Travelodge, Tune Hotel Inexpensive £130-£180 / night (incl VAT) IBIS, Thistle Mid range £180-£250 / night (incl VAT) Hilton, Hotel Russell Higher end £250-£350 / night (incl VAT) St Pancras Rennaissance, Pullman London St Pancras Luxury £350+ / night (incl VAT) Savoy, The Ritz
Be wary of any hotels costing less than £100-£120 per night, although other options like Student accommodation might be less.
- Breakfast, especially in the more inexpensive hotels, is not necessarily included as standard
- “Bed and Breakfast” or “B&B” means smaller, independent or family run lodgings. They can vary from one to maybe 6-8 rooms, and make up for lack of hotel style facilities by including a (usually hot, cooked) breakfast in the price.
The above information is provided in the spirit of a helping hand for DeL conference delegates, but DeL is not endorsing any of these hotels, companies, or websites. DeL cannot be held responsible for any service that they may or may not provide.